Monday, March 16, 2009

On Temples

I don't talk much about my faith on this blog. I figure most of you know that I am Mormon. I worry about talking too much about my beliefs because I don't want to profess much and do little. I hope that my life can be a testament of my faith. But sometimes I feel like speaking out. My sister and a friend recently started a blog called "Let's Talk Religion and Politics" it's meant to be a safe place for those of different faiths and political backgrounds to have meaningful conversations. This seemed the perfect place for me to say a few words about why I love the temple. Please check it out. Ruth

2 comments:

Brandan and Becky said...

Beautifully written, Ruth. I've never thought about temple work as ancestor worship which I can connect with the idea of ancestor reverence. Very nice.

kim said...

Ruth, I saw you post over at Segullah--thanks for writing that. We finally made it to the temple 2 weeks ago for the first time since we'd moved out here and it was so nice to feel so much of what you talked about.