Tuesday, February 1, 2011

We love limes

For the month of February I've decided to do a post a day about something or someone I love. I spent much of today fretting about what I should start with until I was making dinner and realized I'd forgotten to buy limes for my fish tacos and then realized I have a lime tree--more like lime bush. Bill bought it for me in July and it really is just over knee high. But sure enough it had two ripe limes. The fish tacos were so yummy. So I'm including a link to the recipe. I didn't actually grill the fish. I just cooked it in a frying pan and I warmed the tortillas in the oven and really I think cheese on fish tacos is weird. But other than that I followed the recipe exactly and it was so good. Probably because of the home grown limes.

4 comments:

kim said...

Ah, fish tacos!!!! We are in a constant search for a recipe that imitates Rubios perfectly. And imagine our joy when we found out that have Rubio's in UT and CO now--we had to stop a couple times over the holidays because the east coast just doesn't know how to do them right.

Brandan and Becky said...

I love posts from Ruth! Having your own lime tree seems very tropical on a frosty morning.

Hammy said...

Love your love posts. :)

Mollie said...

So jealous. I love limes, but I think I would love them even more if I could pick them from my yard when I needed one.